Data Privacy Notice
We, at CARWORLD, INC., a member of the Laus Group of Companies (LGC), care about the privacy and security of your personal data.
We aim to establish and implement fair information practices as part of our commitment and guarantee to product and service quality that go beyond your expectations. Thus, we warrant that our services are guided by the following principles:
- We will ensure the security and confidentiality of any personal data you share with us;
- We will limit the collection and use of personal data to a minimum;
- We will only authorize employees, who are knowledgeable in the handling of customer data, to have access to thereto;
- We will not disclose personal data to any external organization unless we have previously informed you in disclosures or agreements, have been expressly authorized by you, or are required by law. For purposes of credit reporting, sales verification and other related and legitimate purposes, we will exchange information about you with reputable reference sources.
This Data Privacy Notice (“Notice”) carefully and thoroughly explains: a) what and why personal data may be collected from you; b) why we process your personal data and who has access to the same; c) how we protect and safeguard the personal data that we collect, process, disclose and dispose; and, d) what privacy rights you have and how you can exercise them as mandated by Republic Act (RA) No. 10173, also known as The Data Privacy Act of 2012, its Implementing Rules and Regulations, and other related issuances from the National Privacy Commission (NPC).
This Notice covers both our online and offline data collection activities, including those we collect and process through our various channels such as, but not limited to, websites, social networking sites, telephone conversations, consumer engagement services, points of sale and events, and other similar activities. This Notice likewise outlines and streamlines the general practice of Carworld, Inc. in relation to our processes and contents which are made available through the foregoing networks. It also includes the privacy practices for our customers and guests who apply for and obtain products and services from us.
We collect personal data when you interact with our employees and authorized representatives through our various dealerships, business units, social media, electronic channels and other similar activities. By filling out and signing the log documents, customer sheets, registration and/or application forms, survey questionnaires, sales invoices and repair orders, you express your consent to the collection, processing, use and disclosure of your personal data.
When accessing our websites, online applications, and social media pages and/or availing of our services from outside the Philippines, you acknowledge and agree that your personal information may be transferred to and processed in the Philippines, following legal and regulatory standards for data protection that may differ from your current or home jurisdiction.
1. WHAT WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
- Basic personal information including your full name, date of birth, gender and marital status as well as supporting documents such as government ID details;
- Your contact details including your residential and business addresses, mobile and telephone numbers, e-mail address as well as supporting documents such as utility records;
- Specimen signatures;
- Images via closed-circuit television cameras (CCTVs) and other similar recording devices which may be observed when visiting our dealerships, business units and/or using our other facilities;
- Voice recordings of our conversations with you, where applicable;
- Financial information (such as income, expenses, balances, investments, tax, insurance, financial and transaction history, etc.); and,
- Business interests, assets and credit information.
References, as necessary, to verify or augment the above personal data, may be made with third parties including government regulators, supervisory bodies, tax authorities or courts of competent jurisdiction and, in the process, gain additional information about you.
2. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- When you submit any form, including but not limited to application forms or other documents relating to any of our products and services which you avail at or through CARWORLD, INC.;
- When you enter into any agreement or provide other documentation or information with regard to your transactions with us, or when you avail of our products and services;
- When you interact with our personnel, including business managers, sales heads and their assistants, and all other authorized personnel via telephone calls (which may be recorded), letters, fax, face-to-face meetings and e-mails;
- When your images are captured by us via CCTVs or other equipment or devices while you are within our premises;
- When you use some of our products and services provided through online and other technology platforms, such as websites and apps;
- When you request that we contact you, or include you in an e-mail or other mailing list; or when you respond to our request for additional personal data, promotional campaigns and other marketing activities;
- When you are contacted by, and respond to our marketing representatives, agents and other service providers;
- When we seek information about you and receive your personal data from third parties in connection with your relationship and transactions with us, for example, from referrers, business partners, public agencies or the relevant authorities;
- When in connection with any investigation, litigation, or inquiry which may relate to you or any connected person; and,
- When you submit your personal data to us for any other reason.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- To identify you;
- To process your applications and transactions;
- To document and record your information for sales transaction and available third party financing, if applicable;
- To facilitate warranty registration, processing and payment of claims as determined in accordance with existing company procedures;
- To bill and collect your payments;
- To facilitate release and delivery of your vehicles, parts and accessories, contracts and policies and other deliverables;
- To allow the availment and processing of your after-sales concerns and claims services;
- To determine your financial capacity;
- To continuously engage you in connection with our new products and offerings as well as events and services;
- To conduct studies and researches for the purpose of reviewing, developing and improving our products and services;
- To perform profile analysis, behavioral modeling and analytics to understand the market’s needs, preferences and trends for the improvements and recommendations of suitable products and services;
- To establish certain protective safeguards against the improper use or abuse of our products and services, including fraud prevention;
- To be used for referral to LGC’s affiliates and subsidiaries;
- To be employed in report generation, consolidation and business review of CARWORLD, INC.;
- To be submitted as part of reports to, and as required by, the government and/or any regulating bodies;
- To receive, address and verify your inquiries, complaints, or feedback for appropriate action;
- To perform other activities using your personal data for any other legitimate purpose as permitted by law and/or with your express consent.
4. HOW WE MAY SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will not share your personal information with third parties unless:
- necessary for the above-mentioned purposes; and,
- you give your express consent thereto.
Such third parties include, but are not limited to:
- LGC’s business units, subsidiaries, affiliates;
- Third party suppliers and service providers; and,
- Government authorities, regulating bodies and/or courts of competent jurisdiction.
We engage third parties for the following reasons:
- To offer you additional products and services that we believe you might find interesting;
- To support us in delivering our services. This may involve anonymous or aggregated information to help improve our products, services, and content;
- To validate, consolidate or update your information records and/or credit history;
- To send reminders, announcements, promotions, offers, invitations and other notifications;
- To enrol you in, and/or renew your enlistment in our loyalty and similar client-oriented programs;
- To aid us in the conduct and performance of our business operations;
- To assist us in research or to design other related products or services;
- To promote promotional and/or marketing activities;
- To comply with a legal obligation to which CARWORLD, INC., is subject.
- To enable us to fulfill our contractual obligations with the said third party;
- To address fraud, security or technical issues, and respond to an emergency or otherwise protect your rights, property or security or that of said third parties; and,
- To carry out all other legitimate and related purposes set out above.
We may process, store and/or transfer your personal data outside the Philippines. In doing so, we will comply with the Data Privacy Act of 2012 and its Implementing Rules and Regulations, and other related issuances of the NPC.
We wish to assure you that we do not, and will not, sell personal data to any third parties. All our engagements with third parties shall be fully compliant with our obligation of confidentiality imposed on us under the applicable agreements and/or terms and conditions or any applicable laws that govern our relationship with you.
5. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your privacy and security are important to us. We recognize the value of your personal data. Thus, we strictly enforce physical, occupational and security safeguards to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your personal information against loss, misuse, wrongful modification, unauthorized or accidental access or disclosure, illicit alteration or destruction. These safeguards include, but are not limited to the following:
- Your personal data are kept and maintained by using a secured server behind a firewall, deploying encryption on computing devices and establishing physical security controls;
- Access to your personal data is restricted only to qualified and authorized personnel who hold your personal data with strict confidentiality;
- Our employees are well-trained to properly handle your personal data; and,
- Our third parties are required to protect your personal data conforming with our own security standards.
6. HOW WE RETAIN AND DISPOSE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We keep and retain your personal data on our databases and physical storage facilities.
We retain personal data only according to our operational needs and in compliance with legal and regulatory purposes. We shall retain your personal data for a period of ten (10) years from the date your information was first processed and collected, unless otherwise still necessary:
- To continue legitimate business purposes;
- To establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or,
- As provided by law.
Such retention shall be without prejudice to the exercise of your rights as data subject as protected under the Data Privacy Act of 2012.
7. WHAT YOUR RIGHTS ARE
Please ensure that the personal data you submit to us are complete, correct and accurate. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with products and services you have requested. Kindly inform us immediately of any change of facts or circumstances which may render any personal data previously provided incomplete, incorrect or inaccurate, and provide any information or documentation we may reasonably require for the purposes of verifying the accuracy of the updated personal data.
Under the Data Privacy Act of 2012, you have the following rights:
- Right to be informed;
- Right to object;
- Right to access;
- Right to rectify or correct erroneous data;
- Right to erase or block;
- Right to secure data portability;
- Right to be indemnified for damages; and,
- Right to file a complaint.
In connection therewith, you may opt to tell us:
- Not to send you marketing materials via e-mail, SMS or to your registered address;
- To opt you out of our customer or marketing list;
- Not to share your information with our affiliates or other companies that we have business with, provided that such information is not critical or required by applicable laws, contractual obligations and company regulations to maintain the products and services that you have availed with us;
- To provide you with information that we currently have about you, subject to restrictions applied to us and certain laws and regulations;
- To update your information;
- About your other concerns relating to how we collect, use, share, protect or dispose your personal data; and,
- To have your information deleted in our system, subject to restrictions imposed by law on erasure of your personal data.
Your rights, however, shall be subject to applicable internal policies, relevant laws and regulations.
8. CHANGES OR MODIFICATIONS TO THIS NOTICE
We reserve the right to change, modify, revise or update this Notice from time to time to ensure that it is consistent with industry trends, relevant laws and regulations applicable to us. These changes will be posted in our premises, as well as in our website and other social networking platforms for your information and guidance.
9. HOW YOU MAY CONTACT US
For any questions, comments, or queries, or if you want to report what you reasonably believe is a compromise to the security and privacy of your personal data, or you wish to exercise any of your rights mentioned in this Notice, you may reach our Data Protection Officer at:
Data Protection Officer
Carworld Building, Jose Abad Santos Avenue, San Jose, City of San Fernando, Pampanga